How to Honor Our Vets
November 9th, 2013
Happy Saturday! This Monday is Veterans Day. What are you doing to commemorate the day? After the jump, we suggest five ways you and your students can get involved—and make Veterans Day more than just a long weekend.
1. Students pay tribute to veterans with school ceremonies.
2. The Office of Veteran Affairs suggests ways schools and local communities can take part and honor veterans.
3. Visit a military cemetery for a historic connection to the past.
4. Watch a military parade. America’s Parade in New York City is the largest event honoring veterans.
5. Celebrate our veterans with stories, speeches, and songs.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter.
Tags: holidays, teaching resources, Veterans Day